Thread: Pissed Off
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 12:19 PM

Well; we have a few inches of snow today and I just got back from court

I will make this a long post because there aren't any fishing reports being posted. This will give you all something to read, digest, and comment on

I'm going to make two posts: This first one will tell a true story about the current condition of our Country and how it impacts this theft and court case.

Let's begin:
I have a friend who fishes with me often throughout the year. He (as I was) is a State Employee and I am constantly asking him how much longer he has until retirement:roll eyes: He works for the State Roads division, and is the foreman of a shop that takes care of our roads. He takes his job seriously and does it well, too well.
As we headed to PLO for our final fishing trip, I asked him about retirement. His response was surprising, he said, "I almost quit several days ago". WHAT, there had to be a good story behind this
He said that a group of "supervisors" visited him at his shop and they told him he was doing TOO good of a job on the roads his shop maintained
They said that as motorists traveled from one maintenance area, into his maintenance area, and finally out of his area, there was a noticeable difference between areas. In essence, he was making the other areas look bad.
They told him he needed to ease up and NOT do as good a job He couldn't believe his ears. He asked them directly, "Are you telling me I am doing too good of a job, and you want me to do less?" They confirmed his assessment.
He told them that this wasn't going to happen, and they SUGGESTED that he could be "written up" for not cooperating. He told them that he would like to see them reprimand him for doing too good of a job.
The "meeting" ended with him feeling that he would continue to provide the same level of service to the citizens of Maryland as he had in the past.
However; the end of the story is that several weeks later, the "supervisors" took maintenance trucks away from him, so therefore his quality of service would go down and they would win the battle.
He was furious.

So, if you had any trouble with the way the roads looked this morning, you can thank the superior desk jockey's of Maryland who never sit behind a snow plow.

How is this related to my ongoing court case against the person who stole our electronics? It is an example of how we (the citizens) have allowed the politicians to "dumb down" the system. We continually lower our expectations and requirements for people.
This was demonstrated time after time this morning as I sat through court case after court case.
5th

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 01-06-2015 at 01:59 PM.