View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldzilla View Post
Jigging rods?????

Well; actually they are bait and livelinning rods with jigs on them. But hell, I've been reading so much this spring about people "fishing" instead of trolling, I thought I'd give it a try. If you see me running up on a beehive at wot and leaving the motor run while drifting through a school of fish; wave to me. But, please use all your fingers. This fall, all the warm water discharges and rips should be full of "NEW" jiggers like myself. Those areas are certainly big enough for 20-30 boats, right?
Between DNR, the jiggers on TF, and Tom Hughs all promoting "one man; one rod", it might get a bit crowded on some of the better spots. Guess it will look like some of those areas when the drum are biting.
I got me some 10 inch BKD's and 1 ounce jigheads to cast them as far as I can throw them. If you're in a boat close to me, be on sharp lookout.
Dragging lines behind the boat didn't work too well for me, so now I have to learn the proper way to fish. I would try flyfishing, but I don't want to have to shave and press my pants before each fishing trip.
5th (Marty)