View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Bill,

How does your 22' hull compare to Maycrafts 2300 ccx. I realized Maycrafts 23 is very similar to what I described. If they got rid of their bracket and if it were capable of mounting a 60'' shaft trolling motor in the front, it would certainly rank as one of the more functional light tackle rigs I've seen for the bay.

I still think a boat builder in the NE needs to break the Parker trend and start building a boat better suited for light tackle in the Chesapeake bay. How come my friends in Florida can run 20-30 miles offshore in their 21 bay boat and not blink an eye but bring one into the Chesapeake Bay and people think you're nuts If its too rough to fish comfortably in a 21 bay boat then its too rough to light tackle fish anyway. If it blows up on you out there you are going to be uncomfortable in any CC, but you are still going to get home either way. I would put the ride of Skipperworks 21' Sea Pro Bay boat up against the Parker 21 any day. If the 22 foot boat you build really does ride like everyone says it does, it might be the perfect boat to start adding more southern "bay style" features to and start THE JUDGE CHESAPEAKE LIGHT TACKLE line.

The 22' boat you built yourself looks like a FANTASTIC rig for someone who lives on the water and has access to their dock for the evening bite or wants to crab. I would definitely have something like that if I had a shore home. But I'm not sure I would market that boat as my 22' light tackle edition. I would market that as my econo-line evening / work boat and create a higher end "light tackle edition" with more amenities

Please take my criticisms constructively. Again, I love everything about your boats. I think your 27 Chesapeake is a brilliant design and layout for the Chesapeake Bay. I'm sure its your #1 seller (?) But i'd really like to see Judge pull through and WOW the Parker / Jones guys with a serious light tackle machine that stands out from the rest. I'd take the best features of the Parker, Jones and bay style redfish boats and compile them into a boat that makes sense for our bay / nearshore, just like you did with the 27 Chesapeake.

Hope your invite for me and your cousin Steve to fish with you still stands after all this