View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 05:05 AM

Don, don't forget the down planers and drone spoons around the edges or over top reefs. Using a drone spoon. It can be a dedly combo for verioius species. I've used a #3 & #4planner on a senator 114 wire monel to the planner. Braid should also work. Just use heavy terminial. Baracuda, cero mackeral and others will burn some drag. Also you can use the bonito, for strip bait trolling. Local guys should be able to show you how to salt brine in ice water to get the durability out of the strips, so they won't wash out trolling. Cut them in a v just like the charters do with pork rinds. Add them behind tuna feathers and such to increase action. I have also seen these used as a skip bait. Just some rigs I have seen work in Stwert and West palm area.

Also if you want to play around don't forget the sharks. Be careful they like gel coat.. you definitely need to rig up different for them. Watch out you might get the blue water bug

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot