Thread: 12/23.. Plo
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
My crew was great that day. I was just frustrated between running in the fog, the lack of bite, and the difficulty locating even good marks. Plus I was frustrated with myself that I didnt stick to my own game plan. Running back to the ramp after finding a bite was a bit frustrating but the guy didnt look good. He evidently had the flu with a fever all weekend.

The parties I dont like are the ones more interested in drinking first, fishing second. I am trying to weed my way out of those groups. Most my parties at this point are repeats, especially in the summer live lining so most my parties are great. Heck I had one group who went with me 5x this year and another 4x. I bet around half went 2x this year with me.

My kid trips are mostly live lining. Let them catch the stuff out of spot and perch and watch them swim in the livewell while the parents go for rockfish. Seems to work well.
That's awesome! Repeat customers are happy customers!! They are also more forgiving on your bad days because "well we nailed 'em last trip".
Being a boat without a mate, repeat customers also means people that at least have an idea of what the drill is = easier on the Capt/mate . I don't charter, but always try to have someone onboard that knows what's up, especially when running boards!! (God bless Margaret!!!)

Keep up the good work Greg! Actually I'm doing some math right now and I might sell everything and become a "semi-knowledgable" repeat customer for someone.... Any package deals for a guy and his wife that want to book every Sat and Sunday?? (I won't have to clean, paint, or maintain the boat though right???)