View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 PM

Rob; feel free to pass along the recipe. I'm so new to the spanish thing that I didn't have a real recipe. What I did was filet the fish (left skin and scales on). Cut out the blood line. Washed the meat and placed on a tray skin side down. Drizzled a little extra virgin olive oil over the fish and sprinkled a little old bay, salt, and pepper over the filet. Then I placed a couple slices of lemon on top of the fish.
Started up the grill and put some aluminum foil on it and sprayed some non stick cooking spray on it. I placed the filets skin side down on the foil. Closed the lid and let it cook about 7 minutes (until the meat flakes). Removed the fish from the grill and put on plate. When eating, the meat flakes off the skin and I leave the skin (and scales) on the plate to discard.
Does anyone have a better suggestion? Do you scale the fish before cooking and eat the skin? The scales are so tiny, it doesn't look like it's worth the time to scale them. When I filet rock, I remove the skin (and scales) and then cook them. The skin on spanish is hard (if not imposible) to remove.

How do you do it?
5th (Marty)