View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
Will there really be another fee? If MD gets it's act together and the MD legislature approves it, MD license holders will be exempted from having to pay the additional fee (I think). Not sure of all of the details, but I would assume everyone would need to register with MD (as part of obtaining a MD fishing license) and then MD would submit the info to NOAA. Currently the problem is those who fish in the ocean don't have to have a MD fishing license when fishing in MD waters; have to figure out how to get the ocean anglers in the new system.

Don, The people fishing OC will more than likely have to have a license in 2011. This is just my opinion, but I have heard the idea thrown around. OC is not happy with requiring licenses in OC since a portion of the people fishing are just weekly tourist. I think people are also scared of giving Maryland an excuse to implement a fee. The registration is going to cost us next year if Maryland doesn’t comply. I can see some in political power using this to grab some more money. Honestly, I love the ease of the boating sticker. The easiest way to achieve compliance with the feds and use the Maryland licensing as a data collection system would be to eliminate the boat sticker. This would require all fishermen buy a saltwater license and submit there info. Unfortunately, I think this would also require land owners to purchase a license for fishing off of there private pier.

Catch Shares are bad news. The person with the most money gets all the shares.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 01-04-2010 at 03:13 PM.