View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:04 PM

Smile Let's try this again....

Mid-Bay report for 9/27,28&29. We have been have fairly consistent luck up in E-bay lately. In general, there are plenty of fish but the majority are dinks They are also moving around a lot, one day inside the next ,outside. Our last party did real well last Mon. limiting out on rock to 24" and a boxful of real nice blues to 6lbs.! We went back on Thurs. with friends and had it to ourselves in the morning except for one other Tilghman boat. We found the fish in 32' of water right off North Point. The dink to legal ratio was 10-1 , the blues mixed in were again up to 6lbs and all real nice. Lot's of fun on our light LL'ing tackle. We went through a ton of spot but when the limit was in the box we were on our way home.
Yesterday, (Friday) I took advantage of the mirror-like conditions to take my own boat out to search for breakers and do a little LTJ . I went out to the Hook and saw bait EVERYWHERE, all of it, totally unmolested Headed up to 84A still looking....no luck. The fleet was right back on our spot in Ebay. I motored over slowly and found some nice marks to jig on. DINKS again !!
Screwed around for awhile..there was VERY slow action on the LL'ing boats so I picked up and headed south. Down on Stone Rock I saw a charter who was doing pretty well and he was all alone. I drifted around there for awhile and caught a couple of nice rock 24 & 26. I was done and headed home.
Today, the guys wanted to start up in Ebay again even though I said there was a better grade of fish down at Stone Rock. We anchored on some marks in 31' and proceeded to catch every Dink in Ebay, or so it seemed! All the fish coming over the rails attracted a large crowd even though we only had 1 legal (barely) rock in the box! Right in the middle of all the "action", we pulled anchor and left. The other boats must have thought we were done but we were just fed up with the dinks. We headed down to the spot I had seen the other charter on Friday. It was easy to find on the plotter. We anchored once but no luck. We moved closer, found the right depth, and there they were!!!! It only took about 20 minutes to limit out on real nice rock from 22 to 27'' The fleet were out in the deeper water and not doing well. We called in 2 friends and they were hooked up before their anchors came tight. While we were leaving it was amazing to see the entire fleet moving in on that spot I hope they did as well as we did but I seriously doubt it, with all that traffic.
We have to restock up on Spot so we probably won't be back out until Tues. I'll let you know.