View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit66 View Post
Did they want green or white Capt.
I know this was probably directed at Bfaithful, but I thought I might respond.

My Green vs White has really gone through a transition. When I started trolling, I ran one side of my boat white, the other green. Then, for years, I mixed my colors. I run 14 board lines total, and I would alternate green on rod one, white on rod two, green on rod three, and so on.

This year, I will still have green or white tandems in my spread, but ALL my umbrellas will have white teasers (the lure may be green).

If you look at many of the Charter boats sitting at the dock, many of them pull ALL umbrellas. My boards aren't big enough to accomplish this, therefore, I stagger my board lines (tandem, umbrella, tandem,umbrella). Many Charters pull ALL white umbrella teasers, but mix white/green lures behind them.

I'm slowly doing the same thing. As I run out of green teasers, I only buy white teaser as replacements.

I realize that some days white or green is the hot lure, so I will stay with mixed lures (you can even mix head hair and shad bodies). White hair with green shad works just fine.

Just simply don't get caught with all one color.
5th