View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 04:50 AM

These birds were working smaller fish. Most were "shorts" 16-20 inches long. We jigged on them and couldn't produce bigger fish; until; Lou hooked into a monster.
With rod bent, he slowly worked the fish closer to the boat. Of course, this was the time to finally get the net out from behind the back curtains, snagging on the chair, sliding the handle into position, and generally taking too long to get ready
Why do we do this every time The first good fish has us looking like a "Chinese Fire Drill" (oops, that's not P.C.).
Anyway, as you can guess, Lou lost the first big fish of the day But hey; that didn't matter, that just gave Mike and I something to "rib" Lou about the rest of the morning
With the thought that there must be some bigger fish under the small ones, I broke out the trolling rods I only put out three deep rods, trying to get below the small fish and entice a large one. We ran two 20oz hip rods back 75ft, and a center rod 28oz back 75ft as well.
We caught more shorts

With nothing to show from these birds, we pulled the three rods and once again headed south.

Lou, on his big fish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2633.jpg (90.8 KB, 10 views)