Thread: Fishing 5/16
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 PM

Default Fishing 5/16

So PhilK999 invited me out on his boat today. It was the first day we could keep fish under 28 inches. So what did we catch, a 36 inch fat fish that put a whoopin on Phil as he brought in the WWB. We also got a smaller 23-24 inch fish on one of Captain Johns Spoonbrella's.
I was interested to see how the "Wormbrella's" from Marty's Bait and tackle worked during this time of the year. I have to admit, they certainly do catch Phil has a new downrigger on the boat and the first wormbrella caught bottom in 27 ft of water. They second was rigged with a 28 oz inline and caught bottom shortly after the first.
Well; after some good natured ribbing, we caught two nice fish Ed (Phil's fishing buddy) was the proud owner of all the lost tackle

I always enjoy seeing how others rig their boats, see what they are pulling, and meet new friends. Phil and Ed are two of the nicest guys in Essex. Ok, so actually, they are the only two guys I know in Essex. Phil has some family medical issues and we needed to be back at the dock by 12 noon; so we pulled rods at 10:30 am and ran back to the slip (with a boat lift).
Man, those boat lifts are sweet. No bottom painting or worrying about tides and boat lines.

Anyway, Phil, If you cleaned that fish, was it full of mayworms? It sure was fat.

Thanks for the invite, now that I know we fish the same waters, I'll keep an eye out for you.
5th (Marty)