View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:00 AM

Default Meet "The Hunter"

Introduced my new ride to the Chesapeake this past Sunday. It was a solo trip as I wanted a very slow, quiet period to get use to how she handled and her electronics. My old boat had a Raymarine C-70 (w/o radar) so the GPS & FF was old hat. It is a great package, once you learn how to use it correctly. The software that came with this boat was the Navionics Platinum chip and it is far superior to their Gold Chart chip. I felt like king ch!t rolling down the flat Bay with the warm sun warming up everything. It even has a nice stereo, so listening to Thorogood made it that much better. I would like to thank B-faithful (Greg) who actually found this boat up in NJ. Greg was a tremendous help guiding me through the entire process; he even put me onto a great surveyor up that way. Going new was not in the cards, so a good deal on a recent model Judge or Maycraft was the plan. Greg's passion about boating and especially his intimate familiarity with the Maycraft 2550XL helped me move quickly on this boat...thanks Greg! I heard it is bad luck to change a boat's name (ala Gary) so gonna leave the name alone and see how it goes. Hate to admit one thing....now I have something in common with Baldzilla.

I ran into my good buddy Mark (Mlag) on Sunday. Always quick with the camera he sent me some pics (Thanks Mark, my kids really liked the pictures)....

ANYONE LOOKING FOR A REAL NICE 2004 SEA PRO 220CC THAT KNOWS HOW TO CATCH FISH....SEND ME A PM. (Sorry, forgive me for this....shameless)