Thread: Brandon
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 05:58 PM

I have made a post on the conservation board on TF. It has a graph that plots the number of fish harvested during the trophy season against the YOY index since the begining of the moratorium and the dates I use at the bottom of the graph are the opening days for each year. It definately shows a downward trend of the YOY index and an upwards for the time being of the harvest. At some point the harvest will fall like a rock with no reprodcution to support it.

At least my graph uses real numbers compared to what they are using to curtail C&R. If we really want to fight and get the opening day of trophy season moved back we need graphics to push home the point and some one or some organization to present it in the proper way to get support.

I have been pushing my point behind the scenes with some all ready, but I have been told there is not the political will to support it, also that no one has the political balls to propose it, also that if you think we are hearing screaming now we will really hear screams if we propose that, and also that we need to do it right the first time because we will only get one shot.

I believe all of those things said to me have some merit but the last one may have the most weight, it has to be presented right, at the right time to have a shot and we will only get one shot .

Does anyone but me really want to fight this fight?

I can not make Monday night, but will write letters to the Govenor, Secretary Griffin, Martin Gary, CCA and the MSSA to state my position

Last edited by PhilK999; 11-14-2009 at 06:01 PM.