View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 05:27 PM

Default Trolling PLO 12/7

Left the park before dawn and headed to buoy 70 area. It was at the top of the incoming tide and was going slack. I decided to tweak by board spread a little and put everything further out. Got the spread out and made two passes across the channel and nothing. On our 3rd pass, a 4 oz white chute 120 ft off the board gets hit. My brother in law picks up an incredibly feisty 39". I never saw so much sea lice when she came aboard. Must have really booked through VA waters to get to me.
Next pass, a double hookup. Chart 2 oz chute 150' off the board gets nailed and my buddy pulls in a 43". As that was being brought in, a white 3/5 oz tandem 120' off the board gets hit and I start to bring it in but it comes unglued.
Two passes later, a chart boat umbrella 150' back gets hit and I bring in another 43". We decided to fiddle fart around and see if we can get our under limit but no takers.
Most hits came in the channel on the eastern side in the 70' area but my 43" came in 50' on the western side while turning to starboard for another pass. All hits came almost immediately after running over the nice bait balls that were out!!
Sounded like the radio chatter was mixed results.