Thread: Sad, sad, day
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 AM

I'm with you Marty.

The first chilly day gets me ramped up for my fall Pocomoke River camping/fishing trip. Waking up early in my tent, just cold enough to want to stay in my sleeping bag, but I'm too excited.....the topwater fishing is ON so I always drag myself up.

Then after a few hours of fishing we all bring the boats back to the marina, feast on a breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, coffee and maybe some of the previous night's leftovers. Might go out fishing again before lunch, or we might just play poker, cornhole, bocce' or throw some horseshoes.

Afternoon fishing usually turns into another episode of "****bird Island" where we raft up and turn the bass boats into a floating redenck paradise; breaking out the beef jerky, beers, bourbon and maybe a few cigars for the fellas that enjoy them.

Then we have a kick ass fire cooked dinner and some non alcoholic beverages in compliance with state park rules while chilling around the campfire. I usually walk down top the pier and snag a few bass that have come into the shallow water for their dinner. Then repeat from step one.

I enjoy fall right up until New Years Eve. From there I wish I could hit a fast forward button to about mid April. Although last year winter was fantastic and I enjoyed a lot of fishing and other outdoor time, typically the only thing I have to look forward to in that 4 month period are the weekend fishing flea markets. We usually hit 2 to 4 of them each year. And I stuff myself with oysters at Earleigh Heights.