Thread: Sad, sad, day
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:43 PM

I know I probably sound like a wuss, but it was down right nasty out there today.

Good thing I always take a napsack full of clothes on the charter boat with me. The wind was a little stiff this morning as I headed for Deale. A light rain fell, but it was predicted to quite early in the morning. I got all the rods set up and the crew arrived just before daybreak.

The ride out of the harbor was calm and did not foreshadow what was to come. When we left the breakwater, whitecaps greeted us. Not a big deal for a 46 ft Markley. As we passed the 30ft ledge and headed toward the channel, the white caps added some nice 3 ft rollers to their mix. As the waves hit the port side of the hull, baywater spray flew across the decks. NOTE TO SELF: time to put those curtains back on.

It was time to cover these blue jeans with some nylon rain pants. The deck stayed wet for most of the morning. Rain threatened, but held off. The sun never came out strong enough to dry things off.

The crab pots have been moved out to deeper water and we did catch one today. We got all our tackle back, so all was good. The fishing ok, but I think the cold front may have them off their food a bit. Everyone had a good time, but the boat was a rockin when broadside to the waves. You had to bring your sealegs with you today.

The weather feels like the big girls should be here and we should be using planerboards. But alas, they are still working their way south to us.

Hurry up!!! Git here soon.

5th (Marty)