View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Well;
It can only get better I've been out 6 times (3 my boat, 3 friends boat) without as much as a touch. I've been in all kinds of water.
First saw marks down 60 ft (70 ft depth) when water was cold (low 40's). As temps increased, I marked some bait in 35-50 ft (with gannets flying or sitting).

Another trip took us into as shallow as 18 ft looking for those fish sometimes caught in the pound nets I figured warm water was either in 60 ft (bay hasn't "flipped") or in shallow water.

Last trip out bay proper was above 50*. We had 4 boats out searching. I decided to explore Eastern Bay. It was a desert. The day was totally calm and I expected to see bait flipping on the surface. No birds, no bait, no rockfish

5th
Let me know the next time you come around Eastern Bay. I can get you on some spots that almost always produce SOMETHING.

The commercial dredges have been working the clam lines pretty regularly. One was out this morning around 6:30 when it was absolutely GORGEOUS out.Eastern Bay was dead flat. Then it was like someone flipped a switch and all hell broke loose.Eastern Bay was snotty but the big bay was atrocious. My wife called me around 10am to come up to Queen Anne Marina and help secure part of the building that was getting destroyed by the wind. Easily 6' waves crashing into the shoreline. And I'm certain one of the big anchored ships had dragged across the channel and grounded on the eastern side of the bay. If it wasn't grounded it was soon to be.

On a more positive note, the Osprey seem to be eating quite well.