View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 11:49 PM

Hello all

My name is Rick and im 48 years old and im a 2nd shift (2-10) Working foreman at a printing company in woodlawn. Been in the printing business my whole life. Before going back to full time work where i am now, i had my own printing business for 4 years. Actually started my own business so i could fish and golf more but found out it was just the opposite .... lol. Never had time for anything but work.

I was married at 17 and havent been stupid enough to do it again .... yet.
Although i might as well be married cause ive been with my GF Sandy, who is also my 1st mate, fishing partner & best friend, for 15 years.

Long story short ................. Im on my 3rd boat upgrade now with an 85 Sea Ray Amberjack 255 that i really love. Its just what i was looking for. With the 10 foot beam & wide open rear deck, she is very stable in rough seas with plenty of room to fish off of and with a single 2003 350 magnum MPI I/O shes still pretty easy on fuel and will cruise around 28 mph and top out at 35 mph. A decent size cabin with enclosed head with shower, sink, stove & fridge keeps it comfortable as well.

Next year i will be adding a hardtop with enclosure, windlass & more importantly, a microwave

My home port is Weavers marina in back river and even know its a long ride to where the big'uns are in the fall, im going farther & farther south each trip down there to learn the area.

I love chumming, LTJ & im just now learning the ropes at trolling with all the good info i get from these forums.

No name on my boat yet but i keep the VHF on Ch 68 so give me a shout some time. I'm willing to share any info i can offer while out there ......... what little that is right now ... lol.

Hopefully in the future i can share some successful reports here as well.

Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 11-21-2009 at 11:52 PM.