View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 09:51 AM

Default 4th of July trip

Chumming is nasty, effective, but nasty. Been a long time since I allowed myself to fish like I did today. Maybe it was because it was Independence Day, people wanted their fishing independence? Maybe because so many people were off work? Maybe all the fish in the Bay are off Rock Hall right now? Or maybe this happens in all chumming fleets all the time?? I suspect it’s a little of ALL the above but it was like sitting at the boat ramp on opening day. Heard lots of “REEEALLY?? Right there?” “Why not pass me your line and save your anchor?” “There are fish everywhere, go find some someplace else”. “Are you kidding me?” And saw LOTS of folks just shaking there heads.
It was effective and we had a limit of fish up to 24” by 7:15 but not really my cup of tea. I will do it again but I hope a better bite turns on somewhere else and cuts down on the fleet up North. Burned 3.1 gallons today and it took 16 minutes from slip to anchorage.
I’ll be back on the hook slinging that garbage off the stern but I do look forward to the pleasure of trolling again soon. In fact, I heard all the BIG and easily fooled fish have moved back to the Baltimore Light area .....: meet ya down there....