View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Scott;
Thanks for monitoring/administering the board. I concur with your thoughts. Because we are a relatively small group, I feel free to give as much info as possible. If I find fish, I am more free with giving the location. If I receive info about a location, I try not to to be exact in order to preserve my relationship with the info giver.
Often, you can read between the lines of my post to get an approximate location

I know I often write a LOT of detail into my posts, but with the small number of posts, I figure anyone who doesn't want to read a long ordeal, doesn't need to click on my posts

It was a great year The Spring Trophy season was challenging, but I got my fish. I needed to run from Deale to the Gas Docks in order to catch trophies, but at least we always put fish in the box
After trophy Season, it was wide open closer to "home" in my Bodkin slip.

Thanks to everyone who posts and "keeps this forum alive".
Happy New Year to everyone
5th
This forum has basically been on autopilot and self-policing for a long time. The antagonists are long gone after finding that nobody really cared about engaging them.

I may not give GPS coordinates, but I'll always give pretty good locations. I mean who among us (and beyond if they've been fishing in MD for any length of time) doesn't know where 7' Knoll, Belvedere, the sewer pipe, etc is located? I'll usually give the best description that comes to mind; "1/2 mile north of the bridge, western shore" and that'll have to be good enough. By the time most will have read the report the fish will have likely moved some anyway.

But I know Mike and I have benefited greatly over the years from the phone calls, texts and radio calls from people in this group.

Now if we could just round up another 8 to 10 fun people to share info with.....

And a quick shout out to Jim at BOE for continuing to host the forum.

https://www.boemarine.com/