Thread: Spring PSCR
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 06:47 PM

Wow; that took long enough I can't remember a season where I have been fishless up until two days before the season opener. First the not so good news; only saw one gannet today out of Deale. The bay was flat and if gannets had been around, I would have expected them to be diving everywhere:roll eyes:

Good news is that I saw more bait than all the other trips combined. It wasn't a ton of bait (remember when we used to snag alewives with our spread), but at least it was steady. Can't say I saw a lot of fish marks around it or near it, but hey, sometimes we have to take what's available.

Fish hit a board rod (umb) out 5 bars. I only had 4 of the six rods deployed when it got crushed. Luckily, I was setting the spread; so I got to grab the rod

Single barbless hook had me worried. I have to get at least one PSCR fish

Not the biggest fish I've ever caught, but it made me happy. Probable a slot fish; we didn't measure. Took a quick pic and back she went. The most challenging part of the whole deal was trying to explain to Lou how to take a photo

Stayed in 29-38 ft (best marks) and only trolled two hours. Main purpose today was to load all Trophy Season rods on boat and take off the PSCR lures and bring them home at the end of the day.

Below is a pic of the fish and then a pic of the chart plotter showing bait directly under boat, and to port.

Good luck to everyone, this will be my last PSCR post.

p.s. Captain John was out north of me and picked up one fish as well.
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1713.jpg (91.1 KB, 12 views)