View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 AM

Default tuf-line xp braid

So I got a hold of some of this last year when I wanted to replace some old Stren braid on one of my Bass rods. 2 things that I liked before I even bought it; the package was marked very obvious with the crossover sizes of braid vs mono. I need SIMPLE. I knew my reel was rated for up to 15 pound line at 120 yards, but I wanted to use something a lot heavier for the thick grass, spatterdock and trees that I fish down on the Pocomoke River. So I went with the 30 lb line which was bigger (x2) than anything I had ever used before except on trolling gear. The chart claimed it was the equivalent of 8 pound mono,

Second was the price. I'm pretty frugal and it pains me greatly to put out so much money for line. I can't hang with you guys that can afford to spool up with Power Pro all the time. . I did a little research on the line before I bought it (That's what "smart phones" are for right?) and found out it was regarded fairly highly from the reviews I could find. Some claimed it was made by the same company as Power Pro, but I haven't confirmed that yet.

It's been about 8 months now, and probably 25 fishing trips later. So far not a single line break or failed knot. And it has withstood a whole lot of Pickerel action without any type of leader.

It took me a while to get used to casting it; it was definitely a noticably heavier line, and I had to up my bullet weights by 1/16 ounce to get the texas rigged lures where I wanted them. Not really a big deal; it didn't cause the lure to sink any faster really.

If I get 2 years out of this line, then I will be a customer for life. 2 years seems to be about all the life I can squeeze out of line and I fish a LOT.

Anyone else ever use the stuff?

http://www.tuf-line.com/products_Tuf-Lines_1.html