View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
Rich - This yard sale was unbelievable. The lady's husband was an avid freshwater fisherman; actually he was a professional fisherman that was endorsed and supported by Stren and Ranger Boats. He died about 4 months ago. The entire garage was a truly maxed-out "Fisherman Man's Cave". The second floor of their garage contained enough stuff to rival many tackle shops. Every single item was neatly organized in bins, cabinets and on wall pegs. He had a collection of 25-30 G Loomis rods, crates of $400+ baitcasters and spinning reels. He must have had $5,000+ worth of mono, braid and fluorocarbon fishing line (none of which was Stren). I was awe struck when I first saw it all. He had 2-3 back-up electronic units for each unit installed on his boat. Mixed in with it all was the Structure Scan which was either a back-up or had not yet been installed. A deal was struck and I couldn't have been happier. Among a number of things I bought, I also bought a Mustang "HIT" Self-Inflating PFD and re-arming kit for a $100 (Retails for $375 + $80). He had 3 of 'em.
I think I mentioned this before, but you are a lucky guy. Hope to see you soon.