Thread: The Turtles
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:00 AM

Product Evaluation

I will spend money like water when pimping out my boat; drinking with friends; or buying something for my wife, children, and grandchildren However, when buying chothes for myself, that's a diferent matter. I've been retired for about 5 years (it's nice when you can't remember exactly) and some of my "work clothes" still hang in my closet and get used My denim pants get worn until I have holes in the legs, and then they get cut off and worn as shorts when cutting grass or working around the house. My wife knows better than to buy me clothes when I'm not with her, because they will probably go back to the store for a refund. If a find something I like, I wear it to death. Although expensive, everything Underarmor has served me well. I will buy turtlenecks, longsleeve shirts, and shortsleeve underarmor shirts from the outlet store across the bridge.
My shoes last until the soles fall off. Remember the photo of my docksiders.

Well, I've been looking for a pair of bibs for the charter boat for two years. I have been wearing my insulated ski bibs while searching. I have seen grunduens (sp) that I liked but didn't want to pay the cost for them. Another company (Gates I believe) makes a sweet looking pair, too expensive for me as well. I know, I'm cheap when it comes to my clothing.
Last year I was fishing with Mike (garlein) and he had on a pair of Froggtoggs (Toads) which are their better quality bibs. He said he was satisfied with them. He had to order the bibs from the catalog out of Bass Pro, because they only had the "pants" on the floor.
I was reluctant to order through the catalog because of size. I hate having the legs too long and stepping on the cuff all day long
This past winter, I saw the Toads (in bibs) at Bass Pro. I tried on the "Large" and found the legs too long I tried on the Med and they fit perfectly If I remember correctly, they were about $65. This weekend, I lived in them. They are uninsulated and therefore flexible. I can climb up on the motorbox to set rods, or get down a screaming bent rod with a big fish on it They cut the wind and keep you dry with the spray off the waves. There was plenty of opportunity for them to fail me, but they didn't.
The Frogg Toggs appear to be their cheaper line and the Toads appear to be better quality. I'll let you know how they hold up. The zippers are covered with overlapping material that gets velcroed. Two big pockets, again weather protected, provide safe storage for your cell phone.
I don't recommend much stuff on the board, but what I do, works.

5th (Marty)