Thread: Need a friend!
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
I wouldn't be as worried about "bad gas" (seperated or phased) as I would be with water in the gas. If you got it from Mike's marina (we'll leave it nameless in case it wasn't water in the fuel) I know a friend who had problems at that marina early in the spring last year.
You may just need to change the fuel/water seperator (drain it in a large glass to see if water comes out). Sometimes, not much water comes out, it's trapped inside. Then add some fuel treatment to the tank.
Because Mike has an inboard, I guess you can't run the motor from a seperate tank (like you can with an outboard).
Best of luck to you. I will be away during the early part of next week, but I'm available Thurs/Fri as well. If John isn't headed out, maybe we can get a trip in with somebody who owns a 27 Judge or 25 Maycraft.
I hope Mike gets his boat back up and running quickly.
5th (Marty)
I had thought about the seperator too; it's really easy to get to on his boat, but unfortunately we had nothing to drain it into onboard (And now I guess Mike will NEVER forget his 5 gal bucket "trash can" again!) and since Mike has the towing insurance we figured we wouldn't waste our time trying to mess with it with our limited resources (and knowledge )

His separator is the kind that looks just like an oil filter and has no drain on the bottom or clear bowl to view the contents like some. Otherwise we would have tried draining it into an empty Corona bottle.