View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 AM

Went well. Just a few turned out and all but one seemed to be very supportive of C&R.

Here are just some of what I remember:
  • I spoke out against the rod restictions based on the fact that they have no indication that those trolling are handling more fish than others fishing using other methods and the fact that the gear restrictions could have a negative impact on small business (ie.local tackle shops)
  • There were several people who spoke out for moving the start of trophy season back a week or two as a more effective way of protecting the spawning stock due to the high percentage of prespawn females kept during the trophy season before May 1st according to DNR studies.
  • One person did a nice job challenging restrictions all together being imposed given the unknowns. He basicly noted that DNR has an obligation to act on known issues prior to regulating the unknown.
  • One person thought that the restrictions placed on preseason C&R should be carried over into the keep seasons based on the fact that so many fish get released during the open seasons (due to undersize, over the creel limit, was fishing for another species, etc.)

Those were the comments that stood out to me. (I dont agree with all of them for various reasons but was trying to remember some of the noteable comments made)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 01-22-2010 at 09:28 AM.