View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 AM

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I dont think there is a better recreation around for spending one on one time with your kids. While organized sports are great, most of the time your attention is shared with other parents, coaches, and players. It is the one on one time that makes your kids feel especially valued and gives you an opportunity to discuss challenges and victories in life. Besides, fishing also enables you to interact with world around us. I also ready a study recently that shows that kids who camp, hunt, and/or fish also tend to become more environmentally conscious.

The most memorable fishing trip I had with my father was when I was about my son's age and we were off the coast of NJ fishing for slammer blues in the fog. We caught a ton of them, even stripping the level wind on a baitcaster. It was neat because of the action but the fog got so thick we couldnt see where the school of fish was, we had to stop to hear where the birds were.

Shawn, I always enjoy the stories and reports of you fishing with your sons. It is great that you all share music and fishing together!