View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
The spillways at Tuckohoe and Unicorn were ok though and I did get a few tiny nibbles at Tuckahoe.

Spot77; Have you checked out the lake on Noble road off of 404? I'm having a senior moment and can't think of it's name. The spillway usually holds some fish. 5th

Smithville Lake!!!!!!!
Yup, that's Smithville. I went there a few months ago and found there to be a massive fishkill in the lake. Hundreds and hundreds of fish floating on top, and stinking like hell. Shad, catfish, Pickerel, Bluegill and Bass.

And the SAV was so thick I couldn't move with my trolling motor. My gas motor barely got me through it.

BUT, I've never fished the spillway below the lake! I'll give it a shot soon as it warms up a bit.

The other spillway that ROCKS is right below Johnson's Pond in Salisbury. Last year on NYE some friends and I caught Crappie, Pickerel, Bass, Catfish and Stripers right there....all nice size too. The Striper was a nice surprise and at almost 24 inches it was tough to let him go. He must've been lost all the way up there!

Last edited by Spot77; 01-05-2010 at 09:02 PM.