View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
I have to admit that I am one of those fishermen that refuses to answer the questions of the MRFSS surveyors at Sandy Point truthfully; I do admit to spending lots of money though. They would take my answers and extrapolate my data to apply to all of the fishermen that were never interviewed (private piers/docks/marinas etc). I will answers any questions truthfully when I encounter one of the many DNR biologists that will show up at SP; except when they ask how many rods we used because we all know how that data is going to be used. I do want to participate in the process but what has been used until now is so flawed it is criminal. I hear that the new NOAA Saltwater Angler registry is finally up and running and welcome a call from these folks. Still don't know why I have to get my mother registered for the few times she will fish with with me; I think they should call and ask me directly.
I would say if you don't want to answer the questions just refuse to take the survey. If you take the survey and LIE about the answers, you become part of the problem.