View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM

Default MSSA fishing information

I don't know if I'm the one that should be giving out info because we have been struggling this week. However, someone said on one of my previous posts they were going to look for a post from me today, and look for information.
Well get a piece of paper and a pencil and get ready to write down the most important thing I can tell you about fishing the tournament.

GET THERE EARLY

I know they have a time listed as to when lines can go in the water. Be at your spot where you want to fish. Drop lines as soon as possible.

We have had an early bite. We leave the dock at 6am and run to our fishing spot and drop lines and put several fish in the boat before the spread is all the way out. We pick up another fish or two as we troll in the early morning. By 9 or 9:30; we are done.
We may pick up another fish or two after that, but they have been UNDERS that go back overboard. Maybe a late fish around noon, but nothing like the morning.

Today we were between bloody point and poplar island. We wound up with three nice fish and an under.

5 or 6 bars off the boards seems hot (in the am). I did get a nice fish off a deep umbrella (20 oz and back 75 ft) today.

Good luck, we have tomorrow off, we will be out Saturday. If you see Patent Pending, give us a wave.

5th (Marty)