View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 06:07 AM

Talking just one 40" prespawn female with sealice - 4/23

Lines started going in the water at 6:30am in 37' of water heading south looking for the Deale fleet. 3 lines in the water and as I start putting out the 4th, I notice the 1st board rod is bent over and line is out the back of the boat... fish on! White Bloody Point Tandem 3/8oz back 80 feet brought in a 40" prespawn female covered with sealice! As I finished putting out the spread, the screen was covered with fish marks and I was thinking that the fish have finally arrived and it was going to be a great day. However, that was the only fish of the day! I was marking fish and lots of bait in 33-42' steadily until 9:30am when the screen went blank with strong incoming current. Then the wind came up to 20-30 by 10am and it was a rough day but good to see that the Judge and Skip's boards could handle it. Kept waiting for bite to turn on, but I never found the bait and fish again. Finally started pulling lines in at 2pm. All lures were clean, no jellies, no debris. Water temp 54-55. Saw at least 20 charters out in the morning, but they seemed to be in search mode, and I only saw 2 fish caught. With all the marks and bait I saw, Saturday has got to be a good day!