View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 AM

Marty, you been working on your netting abilities? Or is someone else netting these fish? Last image I have of you is you standing on the motor bracket with a net in your hand, cursing up a storm as a really nice fish swims away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Patent Pending turned north today and we fished from Poplar Island to Thomas Point. We had another very nice day, and put the biggest fish of the year in the boat.
A little background. My personal best is 43 inches. I've had several fish from 45-47 inches caught from my boat, but nothing bigger.
Today onboard PP, Capt. John caught one that was either 50 inches, or certainly close to it. We didn't take the time to measure her, a few quick photo's and back she went.

All our fish (except one) was still carrying sea lice!! Lots of bait in all depths.

Tomorrow, I'm rigging the 22 lines we pull for the season, so we may only do one more C/R trip this year. I hope everyone has a safe and productive season.

A special thanks to Capt. Charlie Schneider, who has been driving all the way from Tilghman Island to Deale just to fish with us this C/R season. He will be jumping back on his boat "Big Will". If anyone is looking for a charter out of Tilghman, look him up.

5th (Marty)