Thread: Laughing stock
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 08:03 AM

My post was not supposed to tee anyone off or take a political side. I was just reporting what I heard and thought it would give a new prespective to what people outside of the Chesapeake region are thinking. I have fished the bay more years than most on this or the TF board. I own a house less than a mile from the Honga. I know Francis and he and I have met on the water and always had a good cordial relationship with him. I thought you would find it amazing how the bay's problems are just not a local issue but are known outside of the region. The Ches. is a national treasure and many people throughout America are concerned about the problems and how they can be fixed. My concern with the bay is the clean water issue not how you fish. Some of you guys should lighten up and channel those feelings into productive use. Evidently many of you never went through the Rockfish moratorium or have any idea of the loss of the Sea Trout fishery. I would be worried if I owned a sports fishing boat, tackle, etc with the bays problems. The feds just closed Red snapper, Amberjack, black sea bass in portions of the Atlantic ocen, this will effect more fisherman than the total of all the rec's and commercials in the ches. bay. Get involved in helping to clean up your bay or closures could be right around the corner.