Thread: Pissed Off
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 04:40 PM

Default NPR get their man!

It was a week ago that I realized my HDS unit had been stolen I contacted DNR's Natural Resources Police and they took all the info. Six boats had been hit at my marina.
On Saturday, I was contacted by several people on both CBA and Tidalfish to alert me that a unit exactly like mine was on Craigslist. I knew another unit that was stolen and it was listed also.
One person (who I don't even know) went so far as to send a message to the thief and say he was interested in my unit. He was informed that my unit was sold. He sent me a PM with this info.
Another person (unknown to me as well) sent me PM on Tidalfish saying he had been a "lurker" for a long time, but joined just so he could send me information about my unit being listed on Craigslist
Taking this info, I contacted NRP and without going into too much detail (we have a court date of Dec. 20) DNR got my unit back from the guy he sold it too.
It is now in my possession. I am missing the two knobs that attach the unit to the bracket, but Jim (BOE Marine) says he has two and I can pick them up Monday.
I had to order a new chip, but this is the only out of pocket cost for me. All in all, pretty lucky. Even my waypoints are saved. I can use the "insight" mapping until my new chip arrives.
I can't thank all those who have assisted me in this endeavor. As pissed as I was about getting the unit stolen, I was impressed with the friends who offered assistance.
I should have gotten Skips waypoints before I posted this
A special thanks to DNR and all my friends.
5th (Marty)