Thread: Egg; Egg; Egg
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 AM

So I waited until much later in the evening on Sunday than I was hoping too...Scott was tied up for most of the day and we were hoping to get out for a few hours in the evening....As luck would have it, it did not work out for Scott...So around 5:30 I headed out....

I tried the channel edges north of Baltimore light for a while, did not see much bait on the sonar and did not see breaking fish either...Move from the 35 to 50 foot depth back into 20 foot or so and the bait started to light up...Still no bites, so i moved back to the shallows.

Worked structure in 15' or less and started to get numerous smaller fish in the 18" to 22" size...A lot of fun, probably got a dozen to 15 in 45 minutes or so...

Worked the bottom very closely around structure and managed to pick up my first redfish ever ! Was 17 and 1/2" was very, very excited about that...Along with getting first Spanish Mac it was a great week....

Ended up the day, with 2 really nice, fat stripers, one 26" and one slightly larger...Seems like the big ones are starting to move into the shallows and eat for the fall...

So Marty, it looks like the good ones are moving north of the bridge, and leaving you guys down south without good fish....

BTW: When are we getting back out again on John's boat and/or yours ?

Pics attached....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red.jpg (95.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg smaller striper.jpg (93.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Larger Striper Dark.jpg (93.1 KB, 8 views)