View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Good ridence i say. The show started out pretty good. I used to go and the venders had last years models for sale or discountinued merchendise, or even remanufactured rods and reels. You could get some bargains.
The last few years, the prices were mostly the same as found in tackle stores. After paying the entrance fee, you paid more than the store price.
As far as boats are concerned, less and less venders showed up. With fewer people buying boats (economy) I guess the cost to rent the space became prohibited for the dealers.
Last, but not least, the light rail ride became more and more anoying. Whatever the sign says (no drinking, no eating, no music, no profanity) you could count on the patrons doing the opposite. The last straw was when my wife and I were riding home from the event and someone shot at the train and hit the window alongside of us. I told the metro police when we got off at our station and they said it happens all the time. They didn't even make out a report.
Between all the MSSA fleamarkets, PSG, and tri-state I will have plenty of other places to spend my money.
5th (Marty)