View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 12:46 PM

Default Fishing Tues/Wed

I had seen some reports of multiple species being caught mid bay; so we loaded up Lou's boat and headed out of Chesapeake Beach on Tuesday. We had a stiff east wind fighting us across the bay to Tilghman. Once there, we stopped to look around with the glasses. Found birds and we spent about an hour and a half working breakers under birds. Most were sub-legal rock (not a bluefish in the bunch). We managed to pull a couple keepers from the action and went looking for more breakers.
My thought was; if they are breaking here, they must be breaking elsewhere Well, that's no always true
We tried several more places to no avail. We called it an early day because I had a charter the next morning (Wednesday).

Set the alarm for 3:30am We left Deale to a pretty sunrise and headed south. Found some nice bait to drop trolling lines on and trolled for a while which produced nothing. Ran south/east and again dropped lines but found nothing wanting our lures.
We got a call from another captain saying keeper breakers were off Tilghman. We ran north while I got the jigging rods ready for action. When we arrived, it was total carnage. Pods of breaking fish and birds were spread out over a very large area.
Most of the fish were 19 1/2 inches, but there were enough keepers to put in the box too. Our clients were new to jigging, and we could have been done sooner, but it was still constant action. My FishOff Gloves put in a lot of work We caught rock, blues, spanish, and trout

The crew was extremely happy and wants to book another trip. Just so it's not a day like Tuesday
5th