View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Bender View Post
was also thinking about a Bimini twist with leaders and not running any swivels this year on all my single baits anyone doing this seeing if doing away with all the metal on the line help catch more looking for input on what other people are ring leader wise attached to main line
Bender, welcome to CBA. I think you are taking it way too seriously. When I think of some of the most successful charter boat captains on the bay, they run metal swivels and large metal umbrellas

Reducing a small piece of metal (like a swivel) is not going to appreciably increase your catch rate. When I look at these professional captains (or some recreational anglers on this board), I would look at other pieces of the puzzle and try to imitate them. Boat speed, depth of lures, areas fished, and other variables are the way to go to improve your hookup ratio.

There are times when subtle improvements like fluorocarbon leaders and elimination of terminal tackle will improve your chances, but trophy season fishing isn't it Unless you jig
5th