Thread: Mercury Verado
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:52 AM

Default Veradados are SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

If I had the money I would have a Verado. You see them more down at the beach than in the bay. Jerry (Swartj) has one on his 23' Boston Whaler walk around and it is everything that has been mentioned and good on gas which was not mentioned. They are heavy motors and maybe that has a little to do with it as well. I repowered w/ a Mercury Optimax and it is average on noise for 2 stokes but quieter for sure over their older carb. motors. I just found out(i have had it for 3 years+) it is actually not bad on gas or oil if you don't run it wide open all the time, I rode it from the W river up above the bay bridge at around 4200 rpms and around 25mph and got 2 miles per gallon (was about 24 miles round trip). It is a nice motor however the oil is expensive and you HAVE to use DFI oil. BP sells it for $40/gal, needless to say i don't buy it there. Soooo my dream boat will have twin 250 or 300HP Verados and get me offshore quick! And by the way I don't post much but have plugged the Verado more than once on the boards!