View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 08:14 PM

Two words for you Marty....... Cast net. I know I haven't been getting out or posting much but when I go I want to catch but usually have more fish in the didn't catch, didn't release category. But here lately with the absence of spot I have been catching peanut bunker at the end of our pier with a cast net. Catch enough for live chum, 2"-3" bunker the best for the live chum. Simply grab a bait net full and toss em over the transom and they will usually regroup and make a bait ball right behind the boat. Take the larger ones and put one on the circle hooks I gave you and let it swim back in free spool until it joins up with the ones you tossed over and hang on for the hit. Watch your live chum, they will start going crazy in every direction when the stripers appear. When this all comes together there is no better fishing, you get to watch how the bait reacts when fish show and usually get to see and feel the strike. Most important thing is to only take enough peanut bunker for your trip, the left overs will not survive in a spot pen. Make certain your live well has a high velocity quality pump and a ROUND live well. Bunker will not survive in a live well with squared corners, they need to swim into the current in circles to survive. Try it and I swear you will be hooked, no pun intended!!!