View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 02:29 PM

Back on the charter boat this morning. Left the dock at 6 am and ran out to 35 ft of water. Started setting lines; the first board line goes out, the second board line goes out and while setting the third board line; the second one pops and "fish on". Great way to start.
We had 5 in the box by 8:30 and High Tide was due at 9am. The tide slacked and we ate lunch. At 10:30, bang, the last fish was put in the cooler.
All fish came off the boards or unbrella's with no weight. I only run 3 deep rods, but they went untouched again today. Early, the longer board rods (8 bars) were getting hit, but as the sun rose, the lighter rods out 4 bars (with some of them single baits) got hit the most.
This was good for me because I didn't have to reset my spread at all today. As a fish hit a board line out 4 bars, I just reset that same rod out 4 bars again.
Todays fish were not 38-39 inches like all the trips before, todays fish were 33-35 inches but fiesty. I don't know how much longer they will be here, so hit this good weather hard before the trophy season ends.
Good hunting
5th (Marty)