View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 08:32 PM

Hi Marty, I bought my iphone mostly to use for the ipod feature. No more looking for a radio station that fades in and out and it is all music I like.

It has an excellent camera and video features that work easliy and better quality than the old digital camera i had on board.

BoatUS has an app that will send your GPS coordiantes to them and request a tow if you need it.

ABC 2 weather app has a in motion weather radar that is easy to update. Weather.com's sometimes will not update if you are trying to watch an apporaching storm

There are fishing log app that cost, but there is a built in audio recorder so you can make good records of catches or there is a note pad

You can check baseball and football scores easly through free apps

You can post to here from the water your fishing report, free app

Pandora Radio is a neat music thing. You tell it what you want to hear and it will select songs and send them to you, You thumbs up or thumbs down the song and it narrows in on what you like. Problem with this app, is it uses up a lot of data download. Is better used on land where you can download via wifi

There are GPS porgrams that cost, I have not used any of them yet. but are available. I beleive you purchase the app and then the map for the area you fish.

Smart Buoy app lets you look at all of the smart buoys up and down the bay with real time data, free app, there is a float plan app free so you can email a freind or family where you are planning on fishing that day and when you plan on returning.

There is also a bay guide for identifying species that was free.

If you want it there is an app. I got mine back in March and love it.