View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 02:47 PM

I did my final fishing trip of trophy season today. Brought out 2 guys that never fished with planer boards and they were pretty impressed. A bit rough this morning, but wind eventually laid down, and only saw about 10 boats trolling this morning from TPL to BPL. I still managed to get 2 sailboats under motor hunting me down and forcing me off course. I also had a tug pulling a barge come up on me while we were pulling lines near TPL. I hailed him on 13 and he was nice enough to alter course so I could continue my course across his bow.

Good thing the rules change on Saturday... I had 1 over, 1 slot, 2 unders, 3 shorts, and 2 misses. The shorts were 19-26" and those little guys like to inhale the entire parachute complete with 9" shad, and I would have preferred to put them in the box than have to throw them back. Still plenty of bait and fish around, but it was a tough bite on the end of outgoing, and didn't turn on good until incoming got going strong. Board rods from 40'-60' back caught, as did deep umbrellas.