View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 08:23 AM

Default Report 12/7 - Fishing with my Dad

Fished with my dad, who runs a Judge 27 out of Avalon NJ, and his buddy Rick, who is a close family friend and good fisherman who is now a private charter capt for a group of rich dudes out of Cape May NJ (used to run his own boat for the public). We trailered down to Solomons as everytime my father fishes with me we dont get the hot and heavy action. Well today was no different. We had a very slow day that took a good while to even get the first bite. (I should have known it was off to a bad start when I discovered I left my blackberry at home and couldnt even keep up with work) Our largest went right about 40" and a fat 30lbs. We started just north of the HI but got forced south of it by several gillnetters who started laying nets. I worked mostly from about 55' on the west to the channel edge on the east since that is where we had bait. (I am kicking myself for not working into about 40' as we had a lot marks running home)

On a side note, on the way home I got run down by the Coast Gaurd for my 4th inspection of the year . I showed them the USCG Aux inspection sticker I got after the 2nd time I was stopped and they basicly stated that while the Aux does a nice service, they are not real inspectors. They boarded my boat and did a thorough examination. Of course I passed with flying colors but have to say that at this point and time I am a bit miffed due to all the inspections. It took a good while as they did a full report and gave me a boarding slip that they said would be good until the end of the year My other inspections were done by DNR or USCG Aux along with DNR at SPSP.

Here is a shot of me and my dad with our meat just before he headed back to NJ (one of the fish had some fresh wounds from the gill nets)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drmfish.JPG (74.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg dadfish.JPG (66.5 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-08-2009 at 06:05 PM.