Thread: circle hooks?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako mike View Post
It wouldn't bother me to see a law passed on circle hooks. Fishing in the keys all you can use by law on the gulf side is circle hooks. I use circle hooks on the atlantic side as well simply because I don't feel like keep retting hooks and when on a drift fishing the bridges from east to west once you drift under bridge and have a I hook on you are in violation. When fishing offshore tournament if the lure has meat on it the lure must be rigged with a circle hook. Believe me once you learn what hook to use in a particular situation they will grow on you.
Mike,
That's what I would have to learn, not how to use them, but what size hook for livelinning. I have used them for cut bait and they work OK, but I miss "setting the hook" and either snapping the rod on the roof or smacking someone in the face:roll eyes:

It just seems like every time someone new is elected to office, they feel that they have to pass some legislation of their own so they have a bill on it with their name (or co-sponsor a bill). Enough regulations
5th