View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 08:02 PM

Cool Podickory Pt Live Lining Success - 9/1

I haven't live lined Podickory Pt at all this year... glad I picked this morning to give it a shot.

Arrived with slight outgoing current when it should have still been incoming. I spent a half hour getting anchored up just right with difficulty figuring it out with light breeze and light current going opposite directon I was expecting. Within 10 minutes of getting the boat to sit where I wanted it to, I had a rockfish take a jumbo spot and the bait runner was singing. After a nice fight that tired out the fish, I brought in a beautiful 31 incher that barely fit in my summer net... good thing she was tired out and just laying next to the boat for me. Half hour later and a small spot was taken by a rockfish that went running and fought hard once I set the hook. Nice 27 incher to finish my limit. Only lost 4 spot, but went to podickory, bridge and Hacketts looking to replace them... and found zero spot and zero perch, too. Hit a new favorite perch spot on the way home in mouth of severn, and got 4 doubles in 15 minutes... including 3 over 10". Home by 11am. I think I will be fishing Podickory again soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150901_084706.jpg (94.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20150901_091911.jpg (100.8 KB, 17 views)