Thread: Skunk :(
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 08:43 PM

Default Skunk :(

Took the boat out of indoor storage today. Dropped her at the marina (Bodkin Creek) and took off for a few hours of catching fish

Had some intel on the boat that all bait and fish were showing in the channel. Dropped lines above Balt. Light and marked slight amount of bait and very few fish. Every time I swung outside of the channel, we lost all marks.

We zigged and zagged from east side to west side down the channel toward the bridge. Just north of Sandy Point Light, the water gets deep 60+ ft all the way across the bay.

Because the bait was in deep water, I figured we could swing wide toward the eastern shore and search this area. But we once again lost all marks. You Had To Be In The Channel

I made a swing back toward the western channel and the outgoing current was ripping (full moon).

Still nothing, so in order NOT to be late for my colonoscopy (oops, I mean tax preparer); we called it a day and pulled lines.

Headed back to the slip to find the water turned on at the pier (thanks Jay). Hosed some of the salt spray off the boat and headed home.

Not the way I had hoped the first trip would go, but the boat ran well (had a bunch of preventative maintenance done this winter). AND, I didn't find anything glaring that I forgot to put back on the boat

So, all in all, a good shakedown cruise. I will say one thing (yep, here it comes);
PSCR SUCKS with 6 rods. Thanks DNR
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2052.jpg (93.4 KB, 24 views)