View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bend-Lure View Post
marty - "Caught" implies that you have harmed a fish. You should really say that you "Affirmatively confirmed the presence of fish today..."
Herein lies the problem. Too often, I "affirmatively confirm the presence of fish" with my HDS 7 structure scan without catching them.

In all seriousness, I see the CBA board as an "alternative" to Tidal Fish. I hope some of the "problems" associated with TF posts don't creep into this forum. CBA is a "fishing" board and therefore a "catching" board as well. We all see things from time to time that make us cringe just a little. It may be the way a fish is held while being photographed, or in this case, someone was concerned about the number of fish caught.
This thread contains two fishing accounts about people I know. The first one is with Shawn Kimbro and Jamie. Shawn and Jamie both not only practice safe C/R but teach it to anyone on their boats. The second report includes Walleye Pete as guide and captain of the vessel. I've been on Pete's boat as a customer and know first hand that he values the resource and knows that practiceing safe C/R techniques are the future of his business. I believe every possible action was taken to preserve and protect the fishery during these two trips.
What concerns me is that Reds knows this as well. As a charter captain and frequent poster on both CBA and TF, Reds knows these anglers and their stance on C/R safe practices.
A fishing board with no fishing reports is a pathetic thing to see. Lets not chase away the very thing we come to this board to see; fishing reports and information about how and where the fish were caught.
Reds; if you sincerly have a concern about a post, perhaps a PM to the poster would be a better way to handle it. I know I have received PM's from you in the past, and we have handled the situation in a gentlemanly fashion.
Winter fishing reports are few and far between, lets hear some more reports.
5th (Marty)