View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Herein lies the problem. Too often, I "affirmatively confirm the presence of fish" with my HDS 7 structure scan without catching them.

In all seriousness, I see the CBA board as an "alternative" to Tidal Fish. I hope some of the "problems" associated with TF posts don't creep into this forum. CBA is a "fishing" board and therefore a "catching" board as well. We all see things from time to time that make us cringe just a little. It may be the way a fish is held while being photographed, or in this case, someone was concerned about the number of fish caught.
This thread contains two fishing accounts about people I know. The first one is with Shawn Kimbro and Jamie. Shawn and Jamie both not only practice safe C/R but teach it to anyone on their boats. The second report includes Walleye Pete as guide and captain of the vessel. I've been on Pete's boat as a customer and know first hand that he values the resource and knows that practiceing safe C/R techniques are the future of his business. I believe every possible action was taken to preserve and protect the fishery during these two trips.
What concerns me is that Reds knows this as well. As a charter captain and frequent poster on both CBA and TF, Reds knows these anglers and their stance on C/R safe practices.
A fishing board with no fishing reports is a pathetic thing to see. Lets not chase away the very thing we come to this board to see; fishing reports and information about how and where the fish were caught.
Reds; if you sincerly have a concern about a post, perhaps a PM to the poster would be a better way to handle it. I know I have received PM's from you in the past, and we have handled the situation in a gentlemanly fashion.
Winter fishing reports are few and far between, lets hear some more reports.
5th (Marty)
Why is it people don't read?

I never suggested removing the post, all I posted was: Could the number be removed (200-250)?

The same type of post caused the alteration of Trolling before the Spring Trophy Season. That and a few stupid pictures.

When are you guys going to realize that there are people who don't want people in Maryland and Virginia catching any Striped Bass. They want us to raise them and that's it.

A person not familiar with the term "We tore Them Up...I guess 200-250" or who caught them, is not going to know whether good catch and release practices were done or not. Then they start thinking about how many were killed. Was it 200-250 or what?

BTW. I don't post on Toilet Flush, Haven't for 4 years.