View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
"BTW I don't post on Toilet Flush"

I know, saw your post on THT. We are glad to have you over here on CBA. I know where you are coming from and I see your point. However, after being involved heavily in the PSCR debacle two years ago, I have come to the conclusion that we should post however we want and let the chips fall where they may.
There wasn't an intelegent person in the room that swallowed the lies and distorted facts presented. However, the fix was in. PSCR regulations went into effect and it has in essence killed the effort to C/R fish before the spring season begins. There were hardly any boats out trolling 6 lines last year. The tackle stores suffered, gas station owners suffered, and even the MCBA who was firmly behind the restrictions suffered. A wedge was driven between the recs and comms that is still evedent today.
Even Brandon has acknowledged that if he had it to do over again, he would have serious reservations about bringing the suggestion to a vote.
Too late, the damage has been done. Even TF suffered with the loss of fishing reports from experienced anglers. The TF forum has been relegated to rec vs comm in way to many threads.
I hope this doesn't happen here.
5th (Marty)
Quote:
Too late, the damage has been done. Even TF suffered with the loss of fishing reports from experienced anglers. The TF forum has been relegated to rec vs comm in way to many threads.
I hope this doesn't happen here.
It will happen here if the same greedy people post the BS here as over there.

Quote:
Even Brandon has acknowledged that if he had it to do over again, he would have serious reservations about bringing the suggestion to a vote.
Brandi is opportunistic, he talks out of both sides of his mouth, depending on what will benefit him at the time.

Quote:
There wasn't an intelegent person in the room that swallowed the lies and distorted facts presented. However, the fix was in. PSCR regulations went into effect and it has in essence killed the effort to C/R fish before the spring season begins. There were hardly any boats out trolling 6 lines last year. The tackle stores suffered, gas station owners suffered, and even the MCBA who was firmly behind the restrictions suffered. A wedge was driven between the recs and comms that is still evedent today.
I'm surprised you call the Charter People commercial, I thought you would know better.
All the regs governing the catching of finfish on a charter boat in Maryland, are recreational quotas.
The total quotas caught for a year are listed under recreational. The feds list Charter People as recreational in quotas they control.
Until 15 years ago nobody and I mean nobody trolled more then 6 rods. Planer Board changed that. When you brag about a hookup on a internet board be prepared to suffer the results.
The last Sunday before the Spring Season came in, I counted 65 boats trolling off of Bloody Point.
I saw the pictures posted on the fishing boards up north, and the outcry of postings, that's what forced DNR to change the regs.

Quote:
However, after being involved heavily in the PSCR debacle two years ago, I have come to the conclusion that we should post however we want and let the chips fall where they may.
I have attended TFAC and SFAC meetings for many years. I am an alternate to a TFAC member and will continue to attend those meetings. I probably won't attend to many SFAC meetings in the future because the members have gone off on a tangent and are more concerned with commercial fishing then recreational. I see that coming back to bite all of us in the a$$.
Whether you understand or not, the politics amongst the states involved with the Striped Bass is intense and has been for a lot of years. Letting the chips fall where the may, not only involves you but many other people. I guess I'm old faction, I believe in not screwing my neighbor with my actions.